Stress and uncontrolled anxiety can lead to many unhealthy responses from the human body. One stress response is teeth grinding or clenching of the jaw.
Many people unconsciously grind their teeth or tighten their jaw throughout the day. However, for many of us, this can happen all throughout the night as we sleep. Some of us really aren’t as relaxed at night as we should be while we rest. And grinding your teeth at night is one way this can be reflected.
*Sponsored post. Post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosure can be viewed here.
While I highly recommend checking out my tips for managing stress and anxiety throughout the day, you may also want to consider a custom night guard to protect your teeth as you get some much-needed rest.
How to Protect Your Teeth from Grinding Using a Custom Night Guard
Here are a few signs that you may be grinding your teeth at night:
- Excessively sensitive teeth
- Locking of your jaw
- Back teeth are worn
- Tense jaw
- Pain in your face
- Chipped or crack teeth
In some cases, you may not even realize you’re grinding your teeth without a dentist bringing it to your attention. But once you’ve determined that you are grinding your teeth at night, there are some steps you can take to protect your teeth from any further damage.
Order a Custom Night Guard System from Smile Brilliant
Ordering your custom night guard kit from Smile Brilliant is actually quite simple (and A LOT more cost-effective than a dental night guard from your dentist’s office).
- Once you place your order online, you will receive a kit in the mail that provides everything you need to take an impression of your teeth. Follow the included instructions to do so.
- Ship it off in the prepaid postage envelope.
- The lab techs at Smile Brilliant will then create a custom night guard for you.
- Your new custom night guards will be delivered straight to your doorstep.
Use Night Guard as Directed
Make sure you use your night guard as directed for the best results.
I will actually be taking my impressions once I get my braces off in the coming days and going through the whole process so that I can get my own custom night guard. Once I do, I will be sure to update this post with my own personal experience.
Managing Stress Throughout the Day and Improving Sleep Quality
I highly recommend you check out the following posts on Major League Mommy for some tips on managing stress and improving your sleep.
- Feeling Overwhelmed? Try This.
- 6 Powerful Tools I Use to Deal With Anxiety
- Get Better Sleep: Here are 9 Ways to Start