The spring season offers a beautiful opportunity to squeeze in more outdoor adventures with the family. As nature springs to life and new blooms transform the world around us, there is no better time than now to explore the earth.
Scavenger hunts are a great way for kids to explore, discover, and learn in a fun and engaging way. They are also relatively easy to coordinate.
If you want to plan your own spring scavenger hunt for your family, these scavenger hunt ideas are exactly what you need. I have also included a FREE printable at the end of this guide to make your life even easier.
Feel free to bookmark this article for later and share it with others!
*Post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosure can be viewed here.
Why is a Spring Scavenger Hunt a Good Idea?
Scavenger hunts are a great educational adventure for kids! Children are naturally curious and love to explore, so why not get them outdoors to explore the land around them?
What are some other benefits?
- You all get to get out and get some fresh air.
- Scavenger hunts are easily customizable and can be tailored to each child’s unique needs and preferences.
- It’s a fun way to get in some exercise.
- Kids can learn to be more mindful.
- Scavenger hunts are a great way to teach problem-solving skills.
- It can be a great way to teach about teamwork.
Tips to Keep in Mind
To make the scavenger hunts as enjoyable (and educational) as possible, there are a few tips you should keep in mind.
- Make sure everyone is dressed for the weather and wearing comfortable shoes.
- Instead of letting kids collect things from nature, encourage them to leave each item in place so as to not disrupt the living creatures who may be relying on these items. This will also make it easy to continue the hunt without carrying a bunch of extra stuff. (This is also why having a printable checklist is super helpful).
- Try to avoid crawling into or walking through bushes, trees, or potentially dangerous areas. Of course, we want to keep everyone safe!
- BE PATIENT! Trust me, you’re going to need some patience.
- Remember to have FUN!
How to Use Our FREE Scavenger Hunt Printable
Our free Scavenger Hunt Printable can be used during your afternoon walk, while visiting the playground, while hanging out in your backyard, and/or while camping.
All you need to do is download your free printable, print off a few copies, grab something to write with, and be on your way! It’s really that simple.
What are some of your favorite scavenger hunt themes? Feel free to share in the comments!