My kids received the opportunity to try out a pair of BuddyPhones’ Play + Wireless Kids Headphones, and I wanted to share our experience in an effort to help you discover some of the best kids’ headphones on the market.
In today’s guide, I will be discussing: key features, what my kids loved most about these headphones as well as what they disliked, and what I loved most about these headphones, and what I disliked. I will also include purchasing information if you are interested in a pair for your child. Continue reading to learn more.
We were gifted these pairs of BuddyPhones in order to facilitate this review. However, all opinions are my own. Post contains affiliate links. Disclosure can be viewed here.
Noise Cancelling Headphones and More!
As promised, I will be discussing a few key features of our BuddyPhones.
✅ 3 SafeAudio™ levels to meet your child’s needs and drown out noisy environments
✅ StudyMode® available to enhance voices and produce clearer sound when watching lessons or studying
✅ Option to use headphones wireless or wired
✅ 20 Hour Battery Life
✅ BuddyLink for when two kids are listening to one device at the same time
✅ Built-in microphone
✅ Soft and comfortable ear pads
✅ Adjustable headband
Their BuddyPhones package each came with: headphones, the BuddyLink cable, a USB-C charger cable, some fun stickers, and a travel bag.
What the Kids Loved Most About Their BuddyPhones
There are actually quite a few things my kids admitted to loving about these noise-cancelling earphones. So let’s just run down the list in the order that they gave it to me.
- The awesome decorative stickers! As mentioned previously, their packages came with stickers so they could add some extra flavor to their headphones. They can even switch out their stickers when they’re ready for a new look. (See pics below)
- The sound. We’ve been through our fair share of cheap headphones and sound quality isn’t usually great (you get what you pay for, right?) However, both girls were stunned by how clear the sound was on their BuddyPhones. They also both agreed that it did a great job blocking out external noises so they could hear better.
- They’re comfortable. My 6-year old in particular always complains about her headphones being uncomfortable and she usually hates wearing headphones for school. So I was actually very surprised when she in particular was able to wear these headphones for an extended period of time. Both of my girls said that the cushions are super soft and fit around their ears perfectly so they forget they’re wearing the headphones.
- They can connect their headphones so that they can both listen to one device at the same time.
- Last but not least, they both just think their headphones are super cute!
What the Kids Disliked
My oldest struggled to disconnect her headphones from her iPad when she was finished. I was able to help her resolve that particular issue by (1) showing her how to power off her headphones – you have to hold the power button down for a few seconds to turn it on and off, and (2) Showing her how to unpair the headphones in the settings of her iPad. Simple fix.
To help you avoid confusion, please see my notes below.
- Hold the button for a couple of seconds to turn the headphones on.
- When it is flashing red and blue, that means it is ready to pair with your device.
- When the LED lights flash blue, that means it is successfully paired.
- When you are ready to turn the headphones off, hold the power button down until the three LED lights flash red once. The headphones will then power off.
‼ Your headphones will now automatically pair with this device whenever you turn your headphones on unless you unpair them from your device. This is what my daughter was struggling with. ‼
What I Loved Most
There are many things I absolutely loved about these headphones.
- The SafeAudio™ feature. You can toggle between the different audio settings to suit your child’s unique needs. However, there are limits so that your child’s hearing is protected while using the headphones. This is extremely important to me! I want to do what I can to protect my kids’ hearing as this is a critical factor in communication and their overall development.
- Fantastic Battery Life. My girls prefer to use their headphones wirelessly, and oh the drama that ensues when their headphones die. The kids will start frantically running around the house looking for cords and cables or a backup pair of headphones, and I just don’t have time for that. Now, since these headphones have a 20 Hour Battery Life, they have been able to use them wirelessly the majority of the day and then charge them up at bedtime.
- There is a wired option. Just piggybacking off of my battery life comment, I love that there is a wired option available for those times when wireless isn’t.
- BuddyLink. My girls regularly watch shows or play games from a single device, and I love that they can do so while still wearing headphones thanks to this BuddyLink feature. The BuddyLink is definitely one of my favorite features.
- The headphones are seriously cute. I agree with the kids on this one, these headphones are super cute.
What I Dislike
These headphones are made specifically for children so that’s kind of a bummer because I want a pair for myself. Haha.
Where Can You Buy BuddyPhones?
You can learn more about these Kid-friendly noise cancellation headphones and place your order on the BuddyPhones Website. Click the button below to get started.