Last Updated on February 20, 2023
March is National Reading Month!
And to celebrate, we will be sharing our Children’s Book Recommendations for each day of this month. Also, make sure you follow Major League Mommy on Instagram for other National Reading Month treats throughout March.
*Post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosure can be viewed here.
What is National Reading Month?
In alignment with the famous Children’s Book author Dr. Seuss’ birthday, March has been designated as National Reading Month in the U.S. During National Reading Month, children (and adults) are encouraged to spend more time reading and celebrating literacy.
Schools will typically engage children in fun reading activities and many organizations also join in on the fun.
This is a great opportunity to explore new books and teach your children to love reading.
Children’s Book Recommendations
Each day, we will be updating this list to recap what my daughters have read on Instagram. Don’t forget to follow us so that you don’t miss out on storytime.
- March 1- If Money Doesn’t Grow on Trees, Where DOES it Grow? by ‘Ailani & Aralynn Riley
- March 2- Birds by Rose Lewis
- March 3- The Pigeon Needs a Bath by Mo Willems
- March 4- Brave Triceratops by Beverley Randall
- March 5- Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? by Dr. Seuss
- March 6- Food Fight! Adapted by Courtney Carbone
- March 7- Pigs by Quinn M. Arnold
- March 8- Penguins, Penguins Everywhere by Bob Barner
- March 9- Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss
- March 10- Green Eggs & Ham by Dr. Seuss
- March 11- Magic Tree House Missions #25 Shadow of the Shark by Mary Pope Osborne
- March 12- Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
- March 13- The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss
- March 14- Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana by James Dean
- March 15- Never Let a Unicorn Scribble by Diane Alber
- March 16- Shopkins Shoppies: The Birthday Surprise by Leigh Stephens
- March 17- I Can Eat a Rainbow by Olena Rose
- March 18- Kindness is my Superpower by Alicia Ortego
- March 19- The Wonky Donkey by Craig Smith
- March 20- Bug Soup by Vince Cleghorne
- March 21- All Because You Matter by Tami Charles
- March 22- Goodnight, Astronaut by Scott Kelly
- March 23-Stay This Way Forever by Linsey Davis
- March 24- Focused Ninja by Mary Nhin
- March 25- I Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
- March 26- I Promise by Lebron James
- March 27- It Just Blooms by Deanna Chesley
- March 28- If I Were Your Angel by Dan Bright
- March 29- The Hiccupotamus by Aaron Zenz
- March 30- Whoever Heard of a Flying Bird? by David Cunliffe
- March 31- Share a Little Kindness by Colleen Brunetti
Please feel free to share your adult and children’s book recommendations in the comments below!
March is Reading Month
There are so many ways to celebrate Reading Month! You can start your own personal library, explore new books and authors, play fun literature games, and more!
In honor of Dr. Seuss, March 2nd has been declared National Read Across America Day.