Table of Contents
As a busy mom and entrepreneur, I am always looking for ways to save my two most valuable resources – my ENERGY and my TIME. And that’s why I love mealtime solutions that are quick and easy, yet nutritious.
With that being said, I just had to try the new Just MEATS box as it promised a delicious restaurant-quality meats experience in just 2 minutes.
I couldn’t get my hands on one of these boxes quick enough. But is all the hype worth it??
Well, that’s exactly what I’m going to be talking about in this Just MEATS review.
So let’s get to it.
Pssttt… Before you place an order to try this out, make sure you use code
MAJORLEAGUEMOMMY to save $10 code JSTBMARIE will actually save you $15 on top of any other discounts you may receive, so that’s actually the better code to use. *wink*
*Post contains affiliate links. Full disclosure can be viewed here.
What is FEASTbox and their Just MEATS Box?
FEASTbox positioned itself as the “Ulti(Meat) Global Barbecue Experience.” In their restaurants (there are no FEASTbox restaurants open at the time of writing this), they served a variety of cuisines from across the globe. Here are some of the styles and flavors of food they create:
- Texas BBQ
- Memphis BBQ
- Kansas City BBQ
- Brazilian BBQ
Sounds absolutely delicious right??
They claim these boxes include the same meats they prepared in their restaurants and they are PREPARED THE EXACT SAME WAY AS IN THEIR RESTAURANTS.
They make all their own sauces, seasonings, rubs, etc.
They prep the meats in their kitchen as they would for their restaurant meals. They then flash-freeze the meats.
So basically, here’s what they do to maintain the quality of their meats:
- Par-cook so it doesn’t lose its moisture
- Vacuum seal
Note: Their meats have a 14-day shelf life in the fridge while still sealed. Unsealed thawed meat is good for 3-5 days in the fridge. BUT, frozen meat is good for 90-120 days.
Alright, so this right here is the main reason why I wanted to try the Just MEATS box. I wanted to save TIME. But I also didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg to save more time on my meal prep. So I really had to weigh my options here.
These meats aren’t the cheapest protein option in the world and I have a family of 4, so I have to keep this in mind. We typically need at least 2 packs of meat for a single dinner, and that is a bit pricey.
Now let’s talk about the time-saving aspect of it.
Well… I literally had these meats prepared in my skillet in 2 minutes!
It can literally take HOURS to prepare some of the exact same meats they sent us on our own. And I actually had these meats on our plates in 2 minutes!
THIS IS A MAJOR WIN!
The protein is usually the hardest part to come up with in the meal plan, and it often takes the longest to prep. The sides are easy.
I simply let the meats we received in our box dictate my meal plan for each day. I just added on the sides, and boom. Done.
The process of cooking everything was extremely easy.
Editor’s Note: One of our wonderful Major League mommy readers also recommended Little Spoon meals for kids if you want quick protein-packed meal options that may be more appropriate for them. So, Little Spoon is worth checking out as well if you have kids – especially if you have young kids.
Step 1: Open package
Step 2: Put it in the skillet
Step 3: Add the sauces
Step 4: Cook on medium-high for 2 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
My kids are pretty picky. But at the same time, they are open to trying new foods.
And with the Just MEATS box, my kids were able to try various styles and flavors of foods that they may not have tried otherwise.
We have also done themed dinners like “Hawaiian Vacation” and “Korean BBQ” nights to make dinnertime more fun using the meats we received in our box.
This was not an outcome I initially expected, but that was pretty cool.
So you already know that the Just MEATS box has saved me a ton of time and energy. It was useful for my weekly meal planning for the family. (And for Hubby’s protein-packed lunches).
But let’s talk about the flavor and what we have so far liked/disliked about that in particular.
- The very first meat we tried in the box was the pulled pork, and we were totally blown away. (My husband and I don’t even normally enjoy pulled pork so this was a total shocker). It had crispy tips on the meat like it was just pulled straight off the grill, and it was just packed full of flavor. Wow, it was tasty.
- I love how quick it is to cook these meats. I mean, come on, 2 MINUTES!? For high-quality unprocessed meats?? This is unheard of. And look, I’m busy, I live for quick and easy meals.
- I love how well-packed everything was when it arrived at my doorstep.
- My husband is obsessed with the fact that he can easily take his proteins to go using the container they came in since it comes with a lid.
- We like how tasty the foods looked even while vacuum-sealed in their containers. It just made us even more excited to cook it.
- I, personally, think most of the chicken isn’t very flavorful. I haven’t liked any of the chicken dishes. They’re just too plain.
- The lids on the containers are flimsy and didn’t seal very well.
- There is a very limited variety of meats to choose from.
- I am not sure that the serving sizes or amounts they say are in each package are correct. I’m still trying to figure that one out, and I will let you all know what my findings are! DECEMBER 2023 UPDATE: After weighing a few of our meats, I can confirm that this month’s shipment we received was indeed off on the weights and serving sizes. This is VERY disappointing! And a quick look at their social media comments reveals that quite a few people have noticed the same. Hopefully, the company will address and fix this error.
It’s also worth mentioning that it can take weeks for your order to arrive at your doorstep. Also, I do see some people having trouble with customer service so keep this in mind! Apparently, since this is a new company, they have a pretty small customer service team.
Psst… you know I’m all about helping Major League Mommy readers get a good deal. And this is no different. So, I made some things happen and was able to
save you $10 on your order! All you have to do is use code MAJORLEAGUEMOMMY at checkout. save you $15 on your order with code JSTBMARIE!
Pro Tip: You’ll save EVEN MORE if you stack this discount code with the Just MEATS Subscribe and Save option.
Ordering is simple, just visit their website to get started. And don’t forget to use code MAJORLEAGUEMOMMY or JSTBMARIE for that extra savings.
Just MEATS cost approximately between $11-$20 per package. But you can get $10 OFF your order using code “MAJORLEAGUEMOMMY” OR you can get $15 OFF Just MEATS using the promo code JSTBMARIE.
Yes! You can sign up for a Just MEATS subscription here.
At this time, FEASTbox only offers their Just MEATS box. And Just MEATS is just that…meats. They only provide the proteins for your meals.
You should be able to cancel your subscription right from your online account. You can always contact customer service assistance.
Yes! You can choose from their lineup of 12 different meats (with new flavors released regularly).
We did not notice any common allergens in the meats we ordered.
All FEASTbox locations are currently closed.
So now, the part you’ve all been waiting for… is this product worth all the hype??
In my opinion, it COULD HAVE BEEN worthwhile if any of the following apply to you:
- You don’t have a ton of time to prepare elaborate meals.
- You struggle with getting enough protein in your or your family’s diet.
- You have a hard time deciding which proteins to cook for dinner each night.
- You wanted to try FEASTbox meals but never had the chance to visit a storefront when they were open.
- You’re okay with the limited options available.
However, it is DEFINITELY not a good fit for you if:
- Well, you don’t eat MEAT
- You don’t have the budget for this type of thing. Again, it can be pretty expensive.
- You actually enjoy prepping, seasoning, and cooking all your proteins yourself.
- You have a large family to feed.
But ultimately, I CANNOT give my seal of approval for Just MEATS because of the issue with the incorrect serving sizes/weights. If it was just a small discrepancy, I wouldn’t mention it but such a major discrepancy is a big deal. I did bring it to the company’s attention, however, so I am hoping things will be corrected moving forward.
So there we have it. I hope my Just Meats review helps you to decide if this product is even worth trying.
I’m sure you see all of the influencers posting about it on their social media. And you’re probably like “Eh. They were just paid to do this.” But I wanted to give you the real deal.
I wanted to share my honest experience as a busy working mom experiencing this new concept.
So, what do YOU think? Would you still bother to try the new Just MEATS box (if you haven’t already?) Have you ALREADY tried Just MEATS? Tell us what YOUR experience has been like. Sound off in the comments!