Last Updated on November 28, 2023
As a busy mom and entrepreneur, I am always looking for ways to save my two most valuable resources – my ENERGY and my TIME. And that’s why I love mealtime solutions that are quick and easy, yet nutritious.
With that being said, I just had to try the new Just MEATS box as it promised a delicious restaurant-quality meats experience in just 2 minutes.
I couldn’t get my hands on one of these boxes quick enough. But is all the hype worth it??
Well, that’s exactly what I’m going to be talking about in this Just MEATS review.
So let’s get to it.
Pssttt… Before you place an order, make sure you use code MAJORLEAGUEMOMMY to save $10 on top of any other discounts you may receive. *wink*
*Post contains affiliate links. Full disclosure can be viewed here.
What is FEASTbox and their Just MEATS Box?
FEASTbox positioned itself as the “Ulti(Meat) Global Barbecue Experience.” In their restaurants (there are no FEASTbox restaurants open at the time of writing this), they served a variety of cuisines from across the globe. Here are some of the styles and flavors of food they create:
- Texas BBQ
- Memphis BBQ
- Kansas City BBQ
- Brazilian BBQ
Sounds absolutely delicious right??
But some of us are not located anywhere near any of their restaurants!
And this is where their Just MEATS box comes to the rescue.
This box includes the same meats they prepare in their restaurants and they are PREPARED THE EXACT SAME WAY AS IN THEIR RESTAURANTS.
*Inserts celebratory dance*
They make all their own sauces, seasonings, rubs, etc. Basically, they are a beast when it comes to the protein game.
They prep the meats in their kitchen as they would for their restaurant meals. They then flash-freeze the meats.
So basically, here’s what they do to maintain the quality of their meats:
- Par-cook so it doesn’t lose its moisture
- Vacuum seal
Note: Their meats have a 14-day shelf life in the fridge while still sealed. Unsealed thawed meat is good for 3-5 days in the fridge. BUT, frozen meat is good for 90-120 days.
Alright, so this right here is the main reason why I wanted to try the Just MEATS box. I wanted to save TIME. But I also didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg to save more time on my meal prep. So I really had to weigh my options here.
BUT, I will say that the meats we receive in our Just MEATS box are priced almost the same as what we spend at our local grocery store for raw (and unseasoned/unprepped) meats.
I really don’t know how the company is pulling it off considering the exceptional quality of their meats and the fact that it is already pre-seasoned, but hey, I’ll take it!
Now let’s talk about the time-saving aspect of it.
Well… I literally had these meats prepared in my skillet in 2 minutes! (Don’t believe me? Just check out my video below.)
It can literally take HOURS to prepare some of the exact same meats they sent us on our own. And I actually had flavorful restaurant-quality meats on our plates in 2 minutes!
THIS IS A MAJOR WIN!
The protein is usually the hardest part to come up with in the meal plan, and it often takes the longest to prep. The sides are easy.
But thanks to this new find, the protein is even easier than the sides!
I simply let the meats we received in our box dictate my meal plan for each day. I just add on the sides, and boom. Done. I love it.
The process of cooking everything was extremely easy.
Step 1: Open package
Step 2: Put it in the skillet
Step 3: Add the sauces
Step 4: Cook on medium-high for 2 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
The Just MEATS box helps me save time in more than one way. (1) I don’t have to go on a hunt in the grocery store for the perfect meat. (2) I don’t have to spend my day scrolling on Pinterest looking for the perfect recipes. (3) I don’t have to spend a lot of time prepping/cooking the perfect meal.
This is definitely one of my favorite things about the Just MEATS box. My kids are pretty picky. But at the same time, they are open to trying new foods.
And with the Just MEATS box, my kids can now try various styles and flavors of foods that they may not have tried otherwise.
We have also done themed dinners like “Hawaiian Vacation” and “Korean BBQ” nights to make dinnertime more fun using the meats we received in our box.
This was not an outcome I initially expected, but I actually really love it!
So you already know that the Just MEATS box has saved me a ton of time and energy. It’s been super convenient for my weekly meal planning for the family. (And for Hubby’s protein-packed lunches).
But let’s talk about the flavor and what we have so far liked/disliked about that in particular.
- We really LOVE the variety. And they add new flavors to choose from every month!
- The very first meat we tried in the box was the pulled pork, and we were totally blown away. (My husband and I don’t even normally enjoy pulled pork so this was a total shocker). It had crispy tips on the meat like it was just pulled straight off the grill, and it was just packed full of flavor. Wow, it was tasty.
- I love how quick it is to cook these meats. I mean, come on, 2 MINUTES!? For high-quality unprocessed meats?? This is unheard of. And look, I’m busy, I live for quick and easy meals.
- I love how well-packed everything was when it arrived at my doorstep.
- I love the quick delivery.
- My husband is obsessed with the fact that he can easily take his proteins to go using the container they came in since it comes with a lid.
- My husband and I love that there are 30g of protein in each serving.
- I like that the pricing was modest considering the value. When I first heard about Just MEATS I assumed it was going to be something outrageously priced. You know, I was waiting for the luxury price tag that often comes with “convenience.”
- I like that the company is bringing restaurant-quality foods straight to our doorstep.
- We like how tasty the foods looked even while vacuum-sealed in their containers. It just made us even more excited to cook it.
- I, personally, think most of the chicken isn’t very flavorful. My husband, on the other hand, loves the chicken.
- The lids on the containers are kind of flimsy and didn’t seal very well.
- We wish there were even MORE meats to choose from.
It’s also worth mentioning that we had no issues during shipping. The whole process was pretty straightforward, and customer service is easy to reach if there are any issues.
Psst… you know I’m all about helping Major League Mommy readers get a good deal. And this is no different. So, I made some things happen and was able to save you $10 on your order! All you have to do is use code MAJORLEAGUEMOMMY at checkout.
Pro Tip: You’ll save EVEN MORE if you stack this discount code with the Just MEATS Subscribe and Save option.
Ordering is simple, just visit their website to get started. And don’t forget to use code MAJORLEAGUEMOMMY for that extra $10 off.
Just MEATS cost approximately between $11-$20 per package. But you can get $10 OFF your order using code “MAJORLEAGUEMOMMY”
Yes! You can sign up for a Just MEATS subscription here.
At this time, FEASTbox only offers their Just MEATS box. And Just MEATS is just that…meats. They only provide the proteins for your meals.
You should be able to cancel your subscription right from your online account. You can always contact customer service assistance.
Yes! You can choose from their lineup of 12 different meats (with new flavors released regularly).
We did not notice any common allergens in the meats we ordered.
All FEASTbox locations are currently closed.
So now, the part you’ve all been waiting for… is this product worth all the hype??
In my opinion, heck yeah it is if any of the following apply to you:
- You don’t have a ton of time to prepare elaborate meals.
- You struggle with getting enough protein in your or your family’s diet.
- You have a hard time deciding which proteins to cook for dinner each night.
- You wanted to try FEASTbox meals but never had the chance to visit a storefront when they were open.
However, it may not be a good fit for you if:
- Well, you don’t eat MEAT
- You don’t have the budget for this type of thing
- You actually enjoy prepping, seasoning, and cooking all your proteins yourself
- You prefer protein shakes and supplements over high-quality meats that deliver greater nutritional value.
So there we have it. I hope my Just Meats review helps you to decide if this product is even worth trying.
I’m sure you see all of the influencers posting about it on their social media. And you’re probably like “Eh. They were just paid to do this.” But I wanted to give you the real deal.
I wanted to share my honest experience as a busy working mom experiencing this new concept. And overall, I really like it. My kids like it. And my husband (a serious fitness enthusiast who practically lives in the gym) absolutely LOVES it.
So, what do YOU think? Would you be willing to try the new Just MEATS box (if you haven’t already?) Sound off in the comments!