Last Updated on July 5, 2023
Are you looking for an affordable family vacation for 2023? If so, you’re in the right place! Major League Mommy is spilling the tea on how to score the best deals for your upcoming family travels.
With the right planning and research, you can easily find a family vacation package that fits your budget. Here are some tips to help you find the perfect affordable family vacation.
*Post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosure can be viewed here.
All-inclusive family vacation packages are becoming increasingly popular, giving families the opportunity to explore new places without breaking the bank.
A wide variety of family vacation packages offer a range of activities and amenities for every budget. You can use any reputable travel search engine and filter the results to only show you all-inclusive vacation packages.
It is also worthwhile to consider a cruise. Cruise ships offer all-inclusive packages that include meals, entertainment, and even tours. Plus, they often have discounts for families and other groups.
All-inclusive family vacations can be a great way to ensure that your entire family enjoys a stress-free vacation with all of their needs met. All-inclusive packages usually include accommodation, meals, and activities, such as beach trips or day excursions, all for one price.
If you’re looking for an all-inclusive package, make sure to read the fine print before you book – some packages may not include all the amenities you’re expecting.
This tip is major. Remember to compare prices on vacation packages. You don’t have to settle on the first deal that you see. Search around to see if you can score an even better offer.
I have personally been able to score mind-blowing deals on travel just by comparing prices and not settling on the first package I saw.
It’s also important to read reviews as you look for deals. Also important to note is, you may be able to find a better deal if you book in advance.
Smaller destinations often have lower rates, while the off-season usually has lower prices. Destinations that aren’t as popular will often have lower rates so that they attract more visitors. For popular attractions, when their traffic slows down, they tend to offer better rates to entice more travelers to visit.
Vacation rentals can be significantly cheaper and provide more space for your family. You can also often get around extra fees for things such as incidentals at hotels.
Make sure you read reviews before you make a decision on a vacation rental to help you avoid scams or less-than-desirable experiences.
Affordable Family Vacation Ideas to Kickstart Your Planning
- Visit the National Parks in the USA – explore the beauty and wonder of nature without breaking the bank.
- Explore a beach in a new city – beach vacays are always a great way to relax and have fun while also saving some money.
- Go camping – a family camping trip is a great way to reconnect and spend quality time together while enjoying the outdoors.
- Take a road trip – take the family on a road trip and explore different parts of the country.
- Visit a theme park – spend a day at a theme park and take part in fun activities. You can check apps like Groupon for special offers.
- Take a cruise – cruises are great for families as they offer a variety of activities and experiences (and did I mention that food is included?). It’s not too difficult to find a good deal on a cruise, and there are so many beautiful destinations to choose from!
- Go on a skiing trip – skiing is a great winter activity that the whole family can enjoy and you don’t necessarily have to spend the big bucks to pull it off. Tignes, located in one of the best ski areas in France is a great destination for a family ski trip, and you can typically find deals on vacations there. As a pro tip: A Geneva to Tignes transfer is the most efficient and convenient option to reach your destination, allowing you to maximize your time on the slopes. You can take advantage of one of their shared transfers to stretch your dollars further.
- Visit a historic city – explore some of the most famous cities and learn about the history and culture.
- Stop by a drive-thru safari – get up close and personal with the wildlife on a safari adventure. My family actually enjoyed this drive-thru safari.
- Visit a museum – discover the history and culture of a new town by visiting a local museum or multiple museums in the area!
No matter what type of vacation you’re looking for, there are plenty of affordable family vacation options in 2023. With a little research and planning, you can find the perfect package for you and your family. So don’t wait – start planning today!
It really depends on the season you travel. However, National Parks are a great place to visit with the kids without spending a ton of money.
The tips in this article will help you to plan an exciting family trip even with a small budget. All-inclusive resorts are a truly fantastic way to get the most bang for your buck. I also recommend traveling to destinations that aren’t as popular and/or traveling during the off-season.
Camping trips, road trips, and beach vacays at an all-inclusive resort are great summer vacation ideas.