Sponsored post. Disclosure can be viewed here.
Between pumping out these blog posts, working a job outside of the home, and running around with the two little ones, it can be so easy to lose track of time and end the day with an incomplete to-do-list. With that being said, I just had to find ways that work to help me better manage my time to boost my productivity. I mean, seriously,who has time to be wasting time? Not you either? Well, grab yourself a cool watch and start utilizing these time management tips. Check them out below!
- Map out your day– I like to fill out my daily plans in my planner. This acts as My to-do-list so I know exactly what I need to get done that day and I can keep track Of my progress as well as hold myself accountable. I check items off as I complete them. This technique actually motivates me even more to try to stick to my outlined plans. I want to have all of those items checked off before the day is out!
- Set reminders in your phone– if you have a feature on your phone that allows you to set reminders, you definitely want to use it! Set a reminder for a few minutes before it’s time to start your task. This will help you to stay on track with your goals for the day.
- Set time limits-I like to set time limits for certain things like 1 hr of yoga, 30 min of reading. It’s usually my self-care activities that I have to set time limits for because once I get into it, I can totally lose track of time. Ha. I don’t recommend setting time limits for EVERY activity on your to-do-list because I feel that just adds an unnecessary amount of stress in your day but choose activities you know you need to give yourself a tie limit on and set a timer if necessary.
- Use the Pomodoro technique-with this technique, you work for 25 minutes then take a break for 5 minutes. This is typically done for 4 “pomodoros” (25 minute work periods). After the last of the 4 pomodoros, you take a 15-20minute break and repeat that cycle again if necessary. I sometimes do it this way and other times I use a modified version where I work for 50 minutes, take a 10 minute break then work another 50 minutes and take another 10 minute break before moving on to something else. Find what works best for you. I get more done this way because I give myself those breaks where I can mess around on social media, grab a snack, or do something for the little ones without interrupting my work flow. It also keeps me motivated and ready to work. You don’t want to burn yourself out.
- Eliminate distractions– Try your best to eliminate any distractions. I tend to put my phone on Do Not Disturb while I am working and then I check it when I take a break. I like to find a cool kid-friendly project for the kids to work on or put them down for a nap while I am working to decrease the chances of them distracting me.
- Share the workload– You don’t have to do EVERYTHING on your own. Find someone else to pick the kids up, create that logo, prepare dinner, etc. There is no need to overwhelm yourself when there are people and resources out there that can help you out.
- Be reasonable– Set realistic time limits and don’t assign yourself a bunch of heavy duty tasks to complete all in one day. I like to break apart large projects and spread them across a few days. I even eliminate things from my to-do-list that are not absolutely necessary at that very moment if it seems like my day is already jam-packed.
- Reward yourself for completed to-do-lists– This is my favorite. It’s such an awesome way to keep yourself motivated to stay on track. I like to reward myself when I check everything off of my to-so-list for the day. It can be something small like a yummy snack or watching my favorite show. Or if I feel like a deserve a BIG treat, I will buy an item I’ve been wanting or schedule a massage or visit to the spa.
- Invest in a watch– I have a unique watch that I love to wear to help me keep track of time. Believe it or not, the most important part of time management is actually being able to track the time! Get something nice (not necessarily expensive but a watch you find visually appealing. It’ll motivate you to wear it more often). I currently use my Jord Women’s Watch. You can check it out here. It’s absolutely beautiful and super unique so I love to wear it and because I love it so much, I actually remember to put it on in the morning before I head out with the little ones. BONUS!
You can actually CLICK HERE to enter the Jord giveaway so you can get one of these unique watches for yourself (or for that special someone). One lucky winner will receive a $100 code to use and even if you aren’t the selected winner of the $100 code, you will receive a $25 code to use on their site. Everyone’s a winner here!
*Giveaway runs until 3/12/17. Code expires 3/31/17
Do you have any time management techniques that have really been working out for you? Comment below. Also, feel free to share your thoughts on my new watch. 🙂