This is a repost from Halloween of last year but I figured I’d share it again as I have been having so many Moms ask me about some of the best ways to treat themselves or utilize alone time since we often get wrapped up in our parenting duties and neglect our own needs. You can read about my Favorite “Me Time” Indulgences below. Enjoy!
(Psst… Be on the lookout for my post later on this week on ways to fit “Me Time” into your hectic schedule)
So, this year for Halloween, Dad is taking the girls out to enjoy some kid-friendly festivities while I get to play the role of boring old Mom and chill out at home (Yay!) Now while I will miss my little Lovebugs terribly while they’re out partying it up with their Dad, I am definitely looking forward to this very rare alone time. This is my time to do many of the things that I really enjoy but hardly ever get the chance to do when the kids are with me. So, you may be wondering (or not), what exactly do I like to do during those rare opportunities for true ME-Time? Well, here you go. Here is my Top 5 Favorite Me-Time Indulgences (feel free to borrow some of these ideas for yourself):
- Meditation- Okay, so this may sound not so exciting but it is seriously a HUGE help. Sometimes I simply throw on some relaxing meditation music from YouTube or Pandora and just lay down and let my mind and body relax. Other times, I follow a guided meditation from my YouTube playlist. It is sooooo relaxing and gets me refreshed for another round of Mommy Duties.
- Go to the gym- a great workout is always beneficial and I sometimes invite my Mom, one of my sisters, or a friend to come along with me so we can get a good workout in and just catch up with one another .
- Enjoy some good food- Oh yes, I get some of my favorite food(s) and dig in without having to share.
- Bubble Bath and a Book- I just fill up the tub with lots of water, scented bath soap or bath bombs (and bubbles of course) then I light a couple of my white candles and drift off into a good book.
- Watch standup- I like to watch old Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy standup without worrying about the girls hearing the inappropriate content.
- Go to the spa- Invite a friend (or my Mom or sister) and just enjoy good conversation, a mani/pedi and massage.
- Writing/Blogging- I like to pull out my journal or even do some blogging and just let out my thoughts and I can get as creative as I want. 🙂
- Online shopping- even if I’m not actually making any purchases at the moment, I will just build my shopping cart and/or wish list.
- Going for a walk- just enjoy the outdoors and a peaceful walk
- SLEEP- yes, I like to take a good nap while I have the chance.
Well, there we have it. These are my favorite Me-Time indulgences. Feel free to share some of your own in the comments.
Post contains affiliate links. View disclosure here.