*This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own. Enjoy!
For as long as I can remember, I have been a huge fan of Disney soundtracks. I can remember my sister and me having a full blown concert in my bedroom to our Lion King VHS. (Yes, I said VHS). Lion King has always been one of my favorite soundtracks and we literally played that film until the tape broke- no exaggeration. But the fun didn’t stop there. I remember jamming out to “Everybody Wants to Be a Cat” from the Aristocats until my Mom couldn’t stand it anymore. Then, there was that one Christmas when we got that Mickey Mouse Musical Television toy that played Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah. Oh my goodness. None of the other gifts mattered at that point. My sister and I absolutely LOVED that toy and “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” sounded throughout the house EVERY DAY for the next couple of years or so-not even kidding.
As time went on, my love for Disney soundtracks did not die. . .Not even one bit. I have 2 kids of my own now and the obsession with Disney music is still there. When we’re not singing along to some of our favorite tunes at Disney on Ice, we’re putting on an impromptu performance in the car or having a Disney dance session at home. It’s that serious you guys! So, You could probably imagine the level of excitement I experienced when I received my Jazz Loves Disney digital album! You can check out the details below. 🙂
The Jazz Loves Disney album includes the following tracks:
1. Jamie Cullum – “Everybody Wants To Be A Cat” – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – “He’s A Tramp” – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – “Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo” (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – “When You Wish Upon A Star” – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – “Why Don’t You Do Right” – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – “I Wanna Be Like You” – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – “Let It Go” – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – “The Bare Necessities” – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – “Once Upon A Dream” – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -“Someday My Prince Will Come” – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
The whole album is really amazing but one of my favorites has definitely been “I Wanna Be Like You” sung by Raphaël Gualazzi. I absolutely love the fun jazzy take on this Disney classic. The instrumental break in it is really fun to dance to and it’s just a really upbeat song that’s great to listen to no matter what time of day it is.
My girls’ favorite was, not so surprisingly, “Let it Go” sung by Anne Sila. They didn’t recognize it at first because of the jazz music but once they caught on, they were obsessed. They’ve listened to it quite a few times already. So, this has now become one of my favorite tracks because the girls enjoy it so much. It’s also very easy on my ears and I can appreciate that.
Overall, I really really really enjoyed this album. It’s relaxing. It’s fun. It’s unique. I listen to it on the way to work. I listen to it with the girls before we go to bed. I’ve played it in the background while cooking. It’s truly one one those albums that you can listen to throughout the day. It even gets my toddler and 5 year old to relax when I need them to. I love it!
What is one of your favorite Disney songs? Comment below. Thanks for stopping by!