I must admit, I am completely obsessed with yoga. My yoga practice has become a regular activity in my daily schedule, and I even get my little ones to join in. It’s kind of a big deal around here.
I initially got involved in yoga because I thought it would be an “easy” way to get my exercise in and drop some weight after having my second child. It wasn’t anywhere near as “easy” as I thought it would be, but I continued to show up for class three days a week. I continued to purchase new yoga gear and even began doing yoga outside of class! I was hooked. Yoga was exactly what I needed. Not only was I getting back in shape, but my mental and emotional health was greatly improving! So you can probably understand how I was able to encourage the rest of the family to join me.
If you have been looking for fun ways to improve your family’s health and wellness, yoga may be a good place to start. Check out these 6 Ways the Whole Family Can Benefit from Yoga.
- Stronger immune system- when moving through a yoga flow, you stretch muscles and massage organs that help drain lymph. This helps to remove toxic waste from your body, kill cancerous cells, and helps to fight off infections.
- Improved memory and ability to focus- Yoga places a strong emphasis on remaining present. Not many of us are able to do that. As you advance in your yoga practice, you will find that you are having an easier time staying focused throughout your daily activities. Even my 5 year old has been more focused since starting yoga.
- Relaxed mind and body- As mentioned earlier, yoga encourages you to focus on the present. You return to your breath and release any tension you may have been experiencing. This relaxation helps lower heart rates and blood pressure and increases blood flow throughout your body. This is a great way to beat stress.
- Improved posture- Poor posture causes a number of issues such as joint problems, pain, and fatigue. Your quality of life could greatly improve just by improving your posture.
- Greater flexibility-you will find that you have many opportunities to stretch out and loosen up those tight muscles during your yoga flow. With improved flexibility, pain and risk of injury during physical activity will greatly decrease.
- Better sleep- regular yoga practice helps to decrease stress and anxiety and relaxes the nervous system which helps you to get better sleep at night.
These are just a few of the very many benefits of yoga. It is definitely a practice that I recommend to fellow Moms for their entire family. The best part is, you can actually get started with yoga from the comfort of your own home.
As a matter of fact, I have teamed up with Caitlin Pickett from caitlinpickett.com to give you the chance to win a 4 class pack of Virtual Yoga Sessions! No purchase is necessary to enter and the giveaway ends April 16, 2017 at 11:59pm. Claim your entries by clicking the link below. Good luck!